Managing Human Resources: U.S. Immigration policy, the demand for science, technology, engineering and math professionals, and policy impact on U.S. competitiveness?
American attitudes about immigration policy?
some element that might help you in your research
• (Limitations) Caps on people coming from different companies each year.
• US citizens don’t have enough experience to fill all positions adequately.
• Should we change our laws to look at skills for immigration?
• Would our country have more jobs if we had a more open immigration standard for people with these skills?
• What can we do with immigration law to stimulate job creation and economic growth in the US?
• Look at thought leaders (people from technology industry who have written about this issue).
• How do we keep America competitive in global markets?
o We need to keep talent to succeed.
o Fill gap in US to strengthen ability to compete globally.
o What jobs/businesses in US have been created by immigrants?